The castle with a mill was built on an island by Duke Bogusław and Elżbieta, the daughter of Casimir the Great in the second half of the 14th century. As the building was very presentable, in 1372, it hosted the convention of Pomeranian Dukes – Bolesław’s brothers and cousins. The castle has maintained its general appearance until now.
In 15th century, the castle was extended and modernised by Eric of Pomerania – the king of Denmark, Sweden and Norway who was born in the castle.
He was called the last Viking of the Baltic Sea because dethronement in Scandinavia he became a pirate. At the end of his life, bitter and old, yet combative he returned to his inherited estate.
Claimed as the Polish capital of sea angling for people who want to fish the most popular fish species in the Baltic Sea: flounders, cods, sea trouts and eels. It is open to tourists who can freely walk and watch fishermen working. An undeniable attraction is a slide-in bridge that connects the both parts of the harbour.
The bridge with a control tower make the place which you won't see anywhere else in Poland. The bridge connects the eastern Darłówko with its Western part and is slided every full hour.
The Museum of Central Pomerania is a great treat for lovers of historical buildings. The complex includes:
A) The Castle of Pomeranian Dukes – built in 1507 during the reign of Bogislaw X. In 16th and 17th centuries the building was the residence of the Pomeranian Dukes of Griffin Dynasty. One of the attractions is the exhibition of works of Stanisław Ignacy Witkiewicz displayed in the castle chambers. One of the largest and sole exhibition of this artist’s works in Poland and in the world.
B) The Castle Mill – an ethnographic museum with exhibits related to the culture of the village and Słupsk region
C) The Richter’s granary
D) The Gothic Mill Gate
The height of the lighthouse: 33.3 m, the light situated at a height of 50.2 m a.s.l. with the range of 42 km. Thi is the oldest Polish lighthouse. Its construction started in 1835 and it has maintaned its original appearance until the present day.
During the war, the building was severely damaged and in January 1946 lighthouse keepers together with inhabitants of Jarosławiec resisted two threatening attacks of looters